Vaatyrium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVaatyriumSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manastone Build

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Shilo
Legionary
Shilo

Class : Gladiator

Manastone Build Vide
 Manastone Build Bg480hr
PostSubject: Manastone Build   Manastone Build EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:11 pm

Im going for the Hp and Phys Crit just wonderin what everyone else is going for.
Back to top Go down
Kitara
Legionary
Kitara

Class : Templar

Manastone Build Vide
 Manastone Build Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Manastone Build   Manastone Build EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:19 pm

As a Templar right now I am going for Def and HP. Later on in the endgame I will probably have two sets when the second one will be focus more toward demage dealing.
Back to top Go down
Kaelyn
Legionary

Class : Sorceror

Manastone Build Vide
 Manastone Build Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Manastone Build   Manastone Build EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:03 pm

I've gone crit, crit and more crit. I'll continue to do that until I'm either at or close to the soft cap of 450. At that point I'll either start stacking hp or attack (probably the latter).

I don't find myself suffering against mobs through lack of defence. Against solo players I believe my ability to crit knockdown will be my greatest asset ultimately, and in group pvp I'm not a squishy enough class to be chosen as an easy target anyway.

So far (lvl 27) I've stacked up to about 110 crit rate (so 11% or so). Even now I'm critting quite a lot, inflicting some pretty crazy damage (especially when I get multiple consecutive crits) and frequently getting knockdowns from regular moves and auto attacks.
Back to top Go down
Navoan
Centurion
Navoan

Manastone Build Vide
 Manastone Build Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Manastone Build   Manastone Build EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:06 pm

So far I've gone about 80% crit vs 20% Attack stones. Mainly +8 crit stones and +2 attack. Crit is nice ofc, but with slightly higher +attack your crits have more of an impact, and because crits will always be a chance having +att isn't so bad because you will always benefit from it.

Nav
Back to top Go down
Kaelyn
Legionary

Class : Sorceror

Manastone Build Vide
 Manastone Build Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Manastone Build   Manastone Build EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 4:29 pm

True as your point is, there's no point stacking small amounts of attack, since you'll get more than that by just enchanting your weapon anyway (+1,+2 etc.). I'd say either stack attack totally, or ignore it until there's no other option.

But now let's talk proportional gain. Going up 8 crit rate is nearly a %, which given your base crit rate, is a significant proportional gain (for me it'd still be around a 8% or 9% gain on what I have, even having stacked crit on all my existing gear). The attack on my greatsword is in the 170 region, making +2 a gain of more like 1.2% on my attack power. Pretty clear which is better I'd say (assuming my maths is even close to correct).

Also, proportional gain helps later on too. Crit rate gives bonus damage as a proportion of what you currently do. This means as the weapon you use gets better and better, the bonus gained from crit gets better with it. Attack manastones add a small, set figure, meaning as your weapon gets better and better, the same manastone in fact gives you a WORSE proportional gain.

When we add in the fact that critical hits on two handed weapons proc knockdowns, there is even more benefit to adding critical chance.
Back to top Go down
July
PvP Leader
July

Class : Sorcerer

Manastone Build Vide
 Manastone Build Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Manastone Build   Manastone Build EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:49 pm

I don't see any point to stack HP as templar or gladiator, you already have plenty of it. Going for crit and attack sounds most reasonable:)
Back to top Go down
Navoan
Centurion
Navoan

Manastone Build Vide
 Manastone Build Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Manastone Build   Manastone Build EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Basically, I have 11 +8 crit stones, and 4 +2 attack stones. While I will replace roughly 2 of them +attack stones (I used what I had... bad option but bleh) I still stick by the fact that a loss of some % crit is worth the extra dmg you do when you crit (not to mention, when you don't crit, you still benefit from the small amount of +attack).

I guess it is all down to personal preferance.

Nav
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Manastone Build Vide
 Manastone Build Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Manastone Build   Manastone Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Manastone Build

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vaatyrium :: Elyos Handbook :: Classes :: Gladiator -