Vaatyrium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVaatyriumSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Navoan
Centurion
Navoan

Class : Gladiator

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Hello there Msonix! Firstly regarding a group application (considering I came to Vaatyrium as part of a group too (three of which are now officers! Go us). However, we all volunteered to create individual applications (for the simple purpose of letting everyone know who we are etc, it's a nice ice-breaker). As to wether a group application of sorts will be sufficient, you will have to wait for Shuyan's response

On the whole you seem friendly enough, slightest concen in the world about integration since you have all know eachother in your own group for such a long time (basically will you be able to mix with us), but you say you're super friendly and social so I guess it'll not be a problem!

Another point, is that currently we lack a VC to communicate with (Such as Vent/TS) I belive Shu was in the process of getting it, no idea where we are with that.

Lastly, assuming from 'new-to-AION-players' you are all not very high level. Whilst this isn't a problem with joining, you must be aware that the large majority of the legion is lvl 20+ (hell i'd even go to so far and say 30+ now). So grouping up etc (which IS required for some quests, such as elite quests which you get in most zones) might have to be done solely within your 'group' as many here are very much past the beginning levels ;)

All-in-all seems decent, would be nice to have some fresh meat. Could I ask for a class list though (What character is wanting to join, what level, and what class it is) please?

Regards,

Navoan

Edit: Shu! Get the damn smilies working! >_<

Last edited by Navoan on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Navoan
Centurion
Navoan

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Sorry .__. didn't see anything in regards to a link there ^_^

Nav
Back to top Go down
Navoan
Centurion
Navoan

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:50 pm

Step1: As long as it's not 20+ people, I can pretty much just say Welcome to Vaatyrium!

Step2: Give Shu a cookie and she's happy.

Step3: Oh wait...

But, as long as we get names of characters (I mean, we do still have to invite you all :P) I don't see any problems, and you're low'level'ness isn't really a problem as long as you're a decent bunch of people (I mean, we'll all be max level someday right).

Oh last note, legion chat ( /l ) (No that's not boobs.. it's forwardslash L, used for legion chat!) is purely in English (well about 99% anyways).

Nav
Back to top Go down
Navoan
Centurion
Navoan

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:06 pm

Your step 2 died, just so you know.

Nav
Back to top Go down
Alatriel
Centurion
Alatriel

Class : Sorcerer

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:10 pm

Hello there Msonix and the rest of the gang! ^^

I don't think we've ever turned a application down and I'm almost 100% sure that we can already welcome you all to the Legion! However I suppose we should wait for the woman with the whip to see if she has anything in particular to say.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if you all would make individual applications or introduction more or less. Don't get me wrong the application was good written and all!
But then again, that's just what I would like but lets wait and see what Shu says.

I give up, Navoan stole all the things I wanted to say dammit! He let me sleep for a reason..just so he could be the first one to reply *glares at Nav*

~ Alatriel
Back to top Go down
Simples
Legionary
Simples

Class : Templar

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Helllo everybody peeps. Shu will be here shortly. She is never to far behind anyone.....she likes to crack that whip!!

Just wondering as I to am an ex L2 player which server and clan you played on/with? I was a teon man myself.......ahhhh the non stop bot drama was pointless which is why i came to Aion. Personally i love the game and just entered the Abyss. I am probably the lowest lvl char who plays often in the guild so im still trying to catch peeps up as well :p

Cheesemelt
Back to top Go down
Lussian
Centurion
Lussian

Class : Templar

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Hmm.... interesting.... maybe I have some place to go when I need to get my alts through the elites areas now. ^^

I don't see anything wrong in a group app. If anything we can always have them post a little topic with some info from each joining fellow after they're in and accounts are set up.

But names .... o.O Its a needed thing. I like... weird folks... they spice up life.
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

Class : Spiritmaster

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:29 pm

I'm not sure. Had it been for 5 or 6 people i would be feel less apprehensive.

When large groups merge there is usually a shift in legion/guild ethos, so many new personalities all joining at once can be a bit overwhelming. You will always be known as 'those new guys' or 'the other people'; it can be difficult to ingratiate so many new people in an already established society.

Our legion is average sized, but i would say we had about 30 'core' players (number pulled out my ass) that are active. Assuming your all from l2 i can guess you will all be pretty active :p So that could be close to a 50% increase in our core player base. And like i said, it can be difficult to fully meld together with so many people.

May i ask as to why you simply haven't made your own legion? With 15 (approx) already signed up, thats quite a bit. We started with 4 or 5 in the open beta ;).

TLDR: I'm not keen on large group merging as it can really change legion personality and create divisions among us. Then again my default view is usually skeptic.
Back to top Go down
Freros
Legionary

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:45 pm

I think it sounds good. You sound like good guys, and even if we are a casual legion we could do with some more players.
From what i have seen the legion are very good at welcoming and integrating new members, and i dont think it will be any harder if they know each other from before. This makes the legion a bit more 'safe' for them too, since they actually know someone from before.
Theres at least a few days i can remember where we have had 4+ new members in one day, and usually before a few hours they aren't that new anymore. :P
Every member making a introduction post so we get to know everyone, instead of as Kit said 'you new guys', would be nice.
That said..im just a normal member, so i dont really have a say :P
Back to top Go down
Sainay
Centurion
Sainay

Class : Ranger

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:07 pm

only thing to worry about really is that the legion wont be divided into 2 groups, "the newly arrived peeps" and the old ones...

nothing is more worse than when there in legions/guilds starts to have small cliques in there, only being with themself and dont really talk with the rest. that will be a killer really for the legion.

i dont see a problem with people coming in a group as long as they dont mind mingle with the rest of the legion.

oh and a list with all the character names, perhaps their class as well would be a nice little addition to the introduction, just so we know who and what are coming this way
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:54 pm

I would prefer if everyone planning on joining wrote their own apply then.
Back to top Go down
Shuyan
Brigade General
Shuyan

Class : Assassin

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Evening Muse!

Sorry for my late reply. As it's probably been said, I'm never usually around until the evenings during the week. Oh, and I've decided to call you Muse. I have no problem with however many people joining really; I don't ask much of our members, but I do ask they enjoy themselves and come to me with any problems.

The only problem I would see, which has already been mentioned is a divide appearing among us; so for that reason alone, if it's not too much to ask, could you all submit your applications individually. I doubt they'll have any problem getting in, seeing as we haven't declined a member yet. It's not so much for the purpose of gaining entry, more so just to say a bit about yourselves as individuals, rather than a huge group.

Hope to hear more from you all soon! You can catch me on here anytime during the evenings or weekends. Either PM me or reply to this thread.
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:55 pm

Me and Shu are on the same wavelength.
Back to top Go down
Shuyan
Brigade General
Shuyan

Class : Assassin

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:58 am

Your forum account has been activated. You now have access to the members section of our forums also. Don't worry, the chances of anyone getting rejected it extreamly slim. Think of this section as an introduction section, rather than an actual application area.

Hope you haven't been waiting around on me too long! Really looking forward to seeing you all around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Application Vide
 Application Bg480hr
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Application

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vaatyrium :: The Legion Lobby :: Guest Introductions & Applications -
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com