Vaatyrium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVaatyriumSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All who plan 2 play SM read

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

Class : Spiritmaster

All who plan 2 play SM read Vide
 All who plan 2 play SM read Bg480hr
PostSubject: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:13 am

Ok so I know there is no-one else or hardly anyone else, apart from me x3 who is going to play SM on release in Vaatyrium, but I thought I should post this incase anyone does decide they might want to, as a slight warning, sooner rather than later lol.

I read it on the Aionsource forums: http://www.aionsource.com/forum/spiritmaster/49778-copied-betaboards-aion-online-official-ranking-pvp-pve-korean.html

I think alot of people who have played SM could kinda figure out for themselves alot of the stuff that's said in this thread lol, and yeah it was a little annoying to have to actually face the fact that the class I want to play is thought of as "broken" by those who play it and "useless" to those who know people who play them. I didn't realise NCsoft had a history of uncaring for their pet classes lol. But either way, I will still be playing SM on release, I think that I will be able to forgive the class for all it's flaws (even though I might have the occassional moan x3) because I love the Spirits so much and because I always play the pet class in MMO's. And finally because I have a great Legion :3

So I shall say a big sorry to the whole of Vaatyrium in advance, for playing as what many people seem to consider as the worst class in Aion; but I can also promise at the same time that I will do my best as a Spiritmaster, I'll try not to let anyone down, and I'll do my very best for the Legion. I hope you will be able to find me useful for everything still, and I'm sure you guys won't leave me out of stuff just because of my class, cos I know you're not lame like that :3
Back to top Go down
Vargur
Legionary
Vargur

Class : Sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:22 am

Quote :
So I shall say a big sorry to the whole of Vaatyrium in advance, for playing as what many people seem to consider as the worst class in Aion;

There's no need to apologise to us, that's what a legion is for, to help others. I for one will not leave you out just because you play a class that NCSoft do not care about and I'm sure that the same goes for all the rest of the legion.
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:30 am

Thank-you ^-^ I know I can count on you guys not to be mean about it :3 cos you're all really great people :333 for some reason I still felt the need to apologise though x3 I guess just because I really want to help Vaatyrium and everyone in it to do well x3
Back to top Go down
Reaps
Legionary
Reaps

Class : Gadiator

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:46 am

Every game has a "Weaker Class" and 99% of those classes are clothies.
But that doesnt make them a bad class. Each one has a role in a guild or raid
& its up to that group to help compansate for the slight failing of other classes wether its the way the player plays them or just the class its self.
Rant Over :P:P

PS I really need a good sig lol

Last edited by Reaps on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shuyan
Brigade General
Shuyan

Class : Assassin

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:48 am

Shu still loves you!
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:11 am

:3333 All I can say is I'm really lucky to have such great people in the Legion I'm in :3333

I know that not all Legions would be as accepting of things like this x3
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:41 am

Player > Class.

Shuyan (was laelia before shu edited)> other people.

need i say more.

Edit: Also im considering playing SM now, more and more each day, (the spirits are just amazing looking) And by the looks of things there's a lot of people already planning on Glad.

Last edited by Kit on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shuyan
Brigade General
Shuyan

Class : Assassin

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:43 am

Aww, thanks Kit!

Edit; Hehe!
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:03 am

Hooray for SM's lol and yes the Spirits do look very cool ^-^ although having to get the skill books for Wind and Water Spirits lvl 1-4 will be annoying >.< .....

-Que Rant-

It took me over 2 hours to get the Water Spirit 1 skill book drop ;_; and I've heard from others on various forums that they've farmed mobs for over 5 hours and not had the drop ;_; it wouldn't be as bad if once you had acquired Wind Spirit 1 and Water Spirit 1, you could then get the lvl 2, 3 and 4 one's from the skill people...but nuuuu you have to get them ALL as drops *sniffles* lol it's so mean. Sure you could try and get them cheap at the Brokers, which you can do for the lower lvl books, but the higher ones, for some retarded reason, become rarer and so players who do manage to get them will obviously charge alot for them >.<"
Why do we have to get our Spirit Summon books as drops...
AND I also noticed, when comparing the prices of my skill books that I can buy from the skill master; with the skill books Warli had to buy for his Templar; that the price for just 5 of my skillbooks, was equal to that of the price of 12 of his skillbooks (infact I think that 5 of mine might of even cost a little bit more than his 12 o.o).....I guess NCsoft really do hate their pet classes xD

Not to mention the fact that it's almost pointless having more than 1 SM in a party, as their DoT's don't stack, they just cancel eachothers out >.< and when SM's complained that NCsoft had made it so that having more than 1 SM per party was pointless, could they please do something about it....NCsoft stated that that is how they wanted it to be ;_; lol bunch of %***!"(£*

-Rant Over-

\^_^/
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:09 am

Wait wait wait so even in 24 person groups you can only have 1 spiritmaster, that's pretty lame :s
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:16 am

By party I think they just ment a normal party of 6, if you were planning on making a massive alliance to go fight a massive amount of Asmo's then surely you could have a few SM's cos there'd be less chance of them cancelling out eachother's DoT's cos there'd be more targets....at least it sounds logical to me xD

But then again SM's got alot of large DoT AoE's that they would use on massive groups at high lvl soooo in that sceneario it would make multiple SM's pointless even in a large group >.< cos cancelling out eachothers AoE DoT's would be even more annoying than cancelling out eachother's single target DoT's lol.

I guess they really geared them more towards being a solo class >.< it's abit mean though cos it's the only class in Aion that it's useless to have 2 of in 1 party >.<

Anywho I'm off to beddy now lol nighty night, I'll be back tmrw to probably rant some more x3
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 am

heh, sleep well
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:39 am

5. Spiritmaster?s ?Enmity Swap? skill?s cool-time has been changed from 2 minutes to 1 minute.
6. Spiritmaster?s ?Spirit Recovery? skill?s cool-time has been changed from 10 minutes to 3 minutes.
7. Spiritmaster?s ?Summon Energy of Cyclone? The energy number appeared when using the skill has been changed from 3 to 4, the Accuracy has been increased.
8. Spiritmaster?s ?Armor Spirit?: 1000 of Magical Accuracy, Accuracy have been added to the Armor of Strengthening? skill.
09. Spiritmaster?s ?Spirit Ruinous Offensive? skill?s cool-time has been changed from 1 minute 30 seconds to 1 minute.
10. The attribute and damage application method of Spiritmaster?s ?Ignite Aether? and ?Disenchant? skills have been changed.
- The basic damages (that) happened when Boost Magic Skill and Weakening Magic are deleted from the target has been decreased, but the damage will increase according to the Magic Boosting Power.

19. New Skill: ?Elemental Defense Increase I? for Sorcerer and Spiritmaster. (from purchasable Skill Book.)
20. New Skill: ?Contract of Resistance I? skill available for Spiritmaster. (from purchasable Skill Book.)
21. Spiritmaster commands can now be used continuously. Effect now properly applies to Spiritmaster characters. Conflicting effects with ?Spirit Detonation Claw? resolved.
22. Certain objects not immediately destroyed by ?Disenchant? and ?Ignite Aether? (Spiritmaster) skills has been addressed.
23. Skill book prices for Sorcerer and Spiritmaster decreased by 20%.

26. Forced transformation type skills, (such as the Sorcerer and Spiritmaster ?Sleep? and ?Fear ?) are now not affected by the cast time
a. Sorcerer (Sleep, Tranquilizing Cloud, Sleeping Storm, Curse of Roots)
b. Spiritmaster (Fear, Fear Shriek, Curse of Fire, Curse of Water)
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Lol I read those patch changes abit ago, good thinking for posting them Kit, I completely forgot about them lol.

But even with those it makes no difference to the arguments against SM, as those changes in that patch just bring us up to speed with Korean Aion, and having those things listed hasn't helped any SM there lol. It's because all they've done is made tiny, almost insignificant "improvements" rather than actually fix the things about the class that are broken >.<"

But like I said, I don't care if I'm possibly the most rubbish class in the game, I've wanted to play nothing other than pet classes since I played a Werefox/Venomancer on Perfect World, and I won't be any different for Aion.

"We are still playing the same game with the same limitations. More people might try it out than in korea but just about the same amount of people will stick with it til 50. Very few people like to be intentionally gimped and play a class that takes more thinking/effort to be just as or barely as successful as everyone else." Quote from langlang on Aionsource.

I honestly think this will be the case lol, even if the fact that the class is broken doesn't put people off from the beginning, the fact that Legions and groups won't want more than a very small handful of them (if that even) for raids, hunting parties, questing etc. will probably put a large amount of people off as they'll most likely feel left out alot of the time and like they're not getting to play half of the fun group-type things in the game.

"Orange = Spritmaster 1% wtf and 0% above top50 lol..."

I read that bit after looking at the chart and laughed x3 it's kind of hard to believe that only 1% of people in EU will play SM and get in PvE charts and that 0% will get in the top 50 for PvP or anything else x3, since there were a huge amount of SM's in the betas here. I guess only time will tell who sticks with the class x3

I don't know how true it is, but even though KAion has been out for almost a year now, I read somewhere that there are only 2 SM's on there at lvl 50 o.o lol and they are thought to be the same person on 2 accounts lol. That the rest who tried the class gave it up and rerolled before even making it to lvl 45 as an SM x3

:3 SM all the way :3
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:03 pm

If that % does come to light then i can pretty much promise you NCsoft will definetly change certain things about the spiritmaster, unless they don't like money.
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:28 pm

Well if there are lots of SM players in NA/EU Aion then we can all fling sligshots of our mighty SM poo at NCsoft until they change things x333

Talking about NCsoft and money...I wonder how much money they actually have ...
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:44 am

I'm glad that it'll be a challange to play SM don't get me wrong there, that's part of the reason why I chose to play one. But you can't help but see the class as broken because it IS broken, it would be better if they could just fix some of the teeniest of annoying things about the SM, like the Spirits constantly freezing, jumping and disappearing >.< cos when you're ready for PvP and your Spirit decides to just melt away for no apparent reason...it starts to get very annoying x3
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:08 am

There should be at least 1 pet capable of flight aswell, seeing as NCsoft made such a hoo-hah over FLIGHT BEING THE BEST AND MOST UNIQUE THING EVER, yet spiritmasters are rather gimped if their tools don't work midflight; would be like rangers not being able to use bows while flying.
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:59 pm

Yeah lol lots of people have been coming up with altnernatives as to what SM could have if NCsoft didn't wana make a flying Spirit, like fusing themselves with their Spirit in flight only and gaining similar effects, PHattk up and PHacc up from Fire, Evade and Crit up from Wind, PHdef from Earth and Mattk up and Macc up from Water. I doubt they'll ever implement any ideas though, but alot of SM want a flying Spirit so maybe if enough people throw eggs at NCsoft we'll get one x3

Until we do I shall live in my imaginary world, where Assassin's can't go into hide mode in flight, Ranger's can only use melee weapons in flight, Templar's cannot equip a shield during flight, Gladi's have a permanent 25% decrease in attack speed while flying, Sorcerer's cannot use thier Solid Shell shielding spell while airborne, Cleric's cannot heal during flight and finally Chanter's can't heal either x3

Also, have you seen the SM flight passive compared to everyone else lol Kit you'll see this and think wtf?!?!:

SM: Winged Devotion: Boosts Natural Mana Treatment by 10 while flying.
Sorc: Winged Magic: Boosts the power of the magical attack skill by 5%, while flying.

Gladi: Winged Strength: While flying, Physical Attack increases by 10%.
Templar: Winged Defense: While flying, Physical Defense increases by 10%.

Assassin: Winged Fury: While flying, Physical Critical Hit increases by 50.
Ranger: Winged Range: While flying, Attack Range of bow increases by 10%.

Cleric: Winged Recovery: Boosts the healing skill effect by 10% while flying.
Chanter: Winged Mantra: Boosts the effect range of the mantra skill by 100%, while flying.

Most of them are % based and poor SM is a solid number and a pretty small number at that lol not enough to make a difference even really >.<" everyone elses are significantly better and more useful to them....so not only does the SM lose it's Spirits in the air, it also has a completly useless flight passive while everyone else has a perfectly good one x3

Rock on SM x3
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:27 pm

Lets only pvp in caves : >
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:40 pm

x3333 I hope when they eventually up the lvl cap to surpass 50 that they won't forget about SM's, give all the other classes cool skills but give SM's worthless crap lol that would suck x3
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:41 pm

If there's one thing the western MMO scene can do it's complain until tihngs are changed. Have faith.
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:45 pm

x3 heh heh Kit speaks the truth x3
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 pm

Felt as though I should post this lol, I can't be bothered to explain it all, go read the thread and watch the vid lazybums x3

Flying Spirits
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Told ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All who plan 2 play SM read   All who plan 2 play SM read Empty

Back to top Go down

All who plan 2 play SM read

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vaatyrium :: Elyos Handbook :: Classes :: Spiritmaster -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com