Vaatyrium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVaatyriumSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What will you take?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Andrew
Legionary
Andrew

Class : Chanter

What will you take? Vide
 What will you take? Bg480hr
PostSubject: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:09 pm

Just wanna check out if/how many of you that are going to try to skill up any/many professions? I'm guessing Warloss will be armor smith considering his post earlier during OB, wondering if will you do the same on the "live" servers?

I'd really like to see what people will be choosing, maybe I could go weapon smith? as no one can level all the craft skills alone unless they play 24/7 and buy loads of kinah... but I feel like there won't be many of those people around in this legion ( I hope o.O )

... anyway, I might be skilling weapon smith if there's a armor smith around... or if it turns out there is like 5 other weap smiths I might as well go alchemist for the first craft prof. what ever I choose I'll try to keep it high so it can be useful even for the people who level their character faster then I do.

(as you can see I'm mostly talking about weap/arm smith but feel free to post about any prof, as I might be abit waste of time if we have 7 tailors doing the exact same thing spending some 100k kinah each to get to 150skill or so XD )
Back to top Go down
Vargur
Legionary
Vargur

Class : Sorcerer

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:15 pm

I am going to level Alchemy to start with, maybe cooking but just make the items as and when and will not bother with work orders. Once I get to around 30 or 40 I will level sewing
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

Class : Spiritmaster

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:20 pm

Well after trying to lvl just Tailoring on the OB, I decided that crafting was altogether too expensive to bother with on release until my character is fairly high lvl and I have a good amount of kinah x3 doing crafting from the first moment I could, ended up being a bad idea, because the sets weren't overly great, as green set drops were mostly better, and it left me with a very empty pocket ;_; heh.

So it was kinda frustrating to see everyone else walking around in green named armour that they'd been able to afford to purchase from the Broker because they hadn't spent their kinah on proffs, since my equivalent crafted armour of that same lvl green named set wasn't even as good as the green named one ;_; it felt like a huge waste of time and money, especially when you need to either buy, or farm for Stigma stones at lvl 20+

When I eventually do decide that I'm rich enough to begin crafting without leaving myself penniless; it will be Tailoring I master first, followed by Alchemy. :3
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Legionary
Andrew

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:33 pm

hmm... maybe I should stick with the plan I had before joining the legion then after all

"plan" was: "burst level to 30, then take a break and skill up armor smith to create a green set ~lv30"

But I did make quite nice money... altho I don't know how much money you have ij your bag if you skipp out on all money spending and just go all out on leveling

I guess crafting slowed down my leveling abit, I didn't play much on Sunday but by Sat night I was lv24 with 300k Kinah, 3 bag upgrades and All green items equiped (self crafted guess I even used my last bit of luck making a blue helmet for lv23 o.O) I bought quite alot of my materials at the broker and crafted stuff, I earned money on even selling the white items and any greens sold for almost x3 the price of a white.

But as it did take abit of time I ended up thinking that iw ould probably be better to level a little futher before starting to craft items as the lower levels go so fast you barely use an item before your able to craft a better one... hm... well, I guess it will be alright to do so then, skipping profs until lv30 that is =P
Back to top Go down
Menphis
Legionary
Menphis

Class : Templar

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:12 pm

My plan is to do a bit of everything untill it gets too expensive but one of the main ones I want to do or look in to is cooking in previous mmo's/guilds/legions this is something I have done and supplied to the fellow members so i'm willing to do it again.

While i am doing that i might do weapon or armor smith something like that but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Cambelt
Legionary
Cambelt

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 12:49 am

Is there a limit on how many crafting profesions you can have?
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:18 pm

Haven't decided, too expensive.
Back to top Go down
Elminda
Legionary
Elminda

Class : Gladiator

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:25 pm

Not looked much into what each profession can make, but i will probably take alchemy and cooking as i like being able to make potions and food for own use rather than rely on buying off others.
This might change if i find that another profession got something shiny i must have.
Back to top Go down
Navoan
Centurion
Navoan

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 12:58 am

Just to let you all know that I have decided to level both Armoursmithing and Weaponsmithing. Yeh it will cost quite a bit but it's not usually a huge deal. Would usually get all the ore/bars just from leveling and maybe a bit of farming or luck with the Broker (Tem and I always level together so both gathering everything we come across heaps up eventually).

Tem has decided that she will level Sewing and Alchemy (Sewing 'could' get changed to handycrafting if at ~lvl25 she decides to re-roll to Cleric/Chanter rather than her stay with her Sorcerer (She's tested both)).

So there you have it, between us we'll be doing Weaponsmithing, Armoursmithing, Alchemy and Sewing.

Work Orders are a great way to get your craft started to a mediocer level without spending too much kinah on S*** you wont use/profit from. It can be a bit tedious depending how long you stick with them, but I'd say it's worth it.

On another note: Lussian (Another recent addition to the Legion) loves his professions and (no joke) will probably end up with all of them on various characters, think he's starting out with weaponsmithing and armoursmithing (possibly more too?) also on his Templar.

Nav
Back to top Go down
Sainay
Centurion
Sainay

Class : Ranger

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 1:06 am

was planning a bit into alchemy perhaps...
Back to top Go down
Lussian
Centurion
Lussian

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 1:23 am

Pfft, now you took the fun outta me saying it -.- Dang you Nav
Back to top Go down
Navoan
Centurion
Navoan

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 1:28 am

I should feel bad should I Lus... I just... don't Q_Q

Nav
Back to top Go down
Kit
Centurion
Kit

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:37 am

Saving up for level 30/40/50 wings.

I live on £3 a week so couldn't afford CE.
Back to top Go down
Jessy
Legionary
Jessy

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 12:22 pm

Prolly gonna slowly get alchemy and cooking up while leveling to give myself some cheap food and potions from stuff I gather while leveling.

The other proffs I haven't really looked into, but since there are only 6 I think.. give me a few months and I'll have all of them at max level on maybe even more then 1 character.. I am crazy, yes I know...

Had 3 characters with alchemy on wow, just so I could have 1 of each specialization :P
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Legionary
Andrew

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 12:28 pm

There won't be many professions you skip then Omni, theres like those 4 + tailor and handicraft XD

You can only master 2 and it will cost you a hell of alot money skilling upp all 4 of them, that why I created this post, so we could skip being "independent" and crafting all our armors/weapons/potions etc. for our self.

I dunno how it is for higher levels, but up to lv 30 theres nothing that soulbinds to the crafter, so if we had 2 or 3 of each crafting profession in the legion there would almost always be one online that could make what ever you wanted for you.

I think I spent ~200k kinah on skilling up armor smith to ~130 by doing only work orders (should be cheapest compared to how much time you'd have to spend at the broker to buy materials if you wanted to Earn money while skilling up), so skilling up 4 professions on your own is abit unreasonable if you start on low levels, you will probably have a hard time getting the money for your wings =(

edit: spelling corrections and another "guild" word removed... and my post now features the correct spelling of Omni! XD XD XD ...altho maybe I should have spelled it: Oni as that would be the japanese word for demon. ^^

Last edited by Andrew on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
July
PvP Leader
July

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 2:16 pm

I will master Tailoring and Alchemy:) Looking at Cooking too.
Back to top Go down
Shilo
Legionary
Shilo

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 2:38 pm

As a gladiator i have decided to master Weapon Smithing & Cooking, buffs are vital and i love the thought of making my own weapons instead of looting or buying. With these 2 proffesions i will take orders and help out the legion but i may start it around lvl 30 so youll have to wait till then.
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 2:48 pm

Snap lol I'm starting mine at around lvl 30 too, Tailoring and Alchemy :3

I've said it a million times over now but hey, I'll say it again x3 After doing just 1 profession on OB, Tailoring, there is no way I'm starting it as soon as I can, I want to be able to get the dropped sets that are better than the crafted ones for the early on stuff and I want to be able to afford my Stigma Stones x3

Honestly there was nothing nore depressing than lvling Tailoring up, only to find that the set I got as drops was a few lvls lower than the one I crafted myself and still better than my crafted one xD At around lvl 30 the crafted sets may actually become better than the dropped sets so it'll be more worth it then, and I'll have spare money. Plus alot of the Abyss sets are better than the crafted ones anyways >.< yeah I know people say have one set for PvE and one for PvP, but again you don't really need to do that until about lvl 40.

Anyone who needs to buy their wings at lvl 30 might wana consider not doing too much crafting aswel, since they cost like 800,000 >.< I'm getting CE wings so it doesn't matter as much to me, but just a warning to anyone who isn't getting the free ones.

Last edited by Laelia on Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lussian
Centurion
Lussian

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:01 pm

:O I usually start mine at lvl 10, eases the leveling a bit ^^ Sure it's expensive o.O But so far I haven't really had money problems in this game.
Back to top Go down
Shilo
Legionary
Shilo

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Grinding = Money, Grinding = Exp, Grinding = Battle Experience. Any questions? All you need to do in Aion lol
Back to top Go down
Lussian
Centurion
Lussian

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Meh, I don't grind. Sure I can go out to kill just for the hell of it or while waiting for someone to finish up selling stuff. But the moment something gets boring I quit it. Therefore, by definition, I don't grind ^^
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Nuuuu you have to do all the quests and read all parts of them toooo ;_; the main story and side-stories are nice, you have to read them, they put alot of effort into making all of Aion's stories :3

I only grind if I have to to lvl. If I spend extended periods of time killing the same type of mob over and over it'll usually be because it's the only mob in the game that drops something I want xP I'm not one of those item hunters that HAS to have all the best equips etc. etc., but as a SM I will most likely have to farm monsters to get my Summon Wind Spirit 1, 2, 3, 4 and Summon Water Spirit 1, 2, 3 and 4 Skill Books as drops ;_; also if there is a really nice looking set...and I mean it has to look really nice, I will farm for it. Talking of nice looking sets, why are the crafted sets not different looking from the ones you can get as drops, or buy from NPC's, all the Tailored ones I could find up to lvl 40 (couldn't find pics of any after that) are just different coloured versions of the shop bought, or dropped sets. Since you craft them yourself I think they should of been made a little more unique >.<" and there are dyes anyways so it's not like it's anything great that the crafted ones are just a different coloured version of all the normal sets >.<"

I did enough grinding on an mmorpg called Florensia, to last a life-time >.< from lvl 40 to 80 it's grind, grind, grind all the way, I got to lvl 70 and then thought....why the hell am I even doing this...it's dead boring...and I quit x3

And you have to have social time x33 and Asmo killing time x33 and dungeon run time x33 and Abyss in general time x33 and ......... Dreadgion run tiiiime :3...yes, doing Dreadgion runs is the thing I most look foreward to out of all the lvl 50 content x3
Back to top Go down
Lussian
Centurion
Lussian

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:33 pm

I completely agree. Loved some of the humor in some of the story quests... specially the chain with the stolen nymph clothings ^^ that one lasted quite a bit and gave some choices.

Rushed things a bit in the CB and OB. But I'll slow down to my usual pace now that the game is here for good ^^

I think the procced armors you get from various crafts are usually more different. Hard to say. Then again, I haven't bought many armors, I've mostly crafted mine
Back to top Go down
Laelia
Ex-Member
Laelia

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 5:01 pm

One of my favourite looking sets that I crafted was the lvl 18 "Durable Ruko" set:

What will you take? Aion0133

The Pauldren isn't from the mentioned set, because, the story of my life happened, and in the first few fights after crafting that set, I happened to get a better Pauldren as a drop x3

Anywho, I like that set cos it's purple :3 but then I noticed that other people were wearing the exact same set but in a different colour, theirs were either dropped ones or shop bought ones, as the set names and stats were different to that of my crafted one. And then I even saw someone wearing one the same colour as mine and thought to myself "Oh they crafted theirs too then" only to click on 'View Detail' to find that it wasn't infact a crafted one, it was just a green named dropped set >.> I was quite annoyed to learn that crafted sets weren't unique lol as the fact that I thought they would be unique was part of the reason why I wanted to craft my own and the rest of the Legion's armour >.< which I'll still be doing...just not until lvl 30 now x3 although Warli said his crafted Plate sets looked different to the shop and drop Plate sets...so maybe it's just cloth they made not so unique to craft ;_;

It's not just the crafted ones that match other ones though. At lvl 12 I got the entire green named Mirage Set as drops, and it was salmon colour; at lvl 24 I picked up the normal white named Desolation Set, only to find that it was just a red/white version of the Mirage Set from 12 lvls ago ;_; I was like....yaaay now I look like I did 12 lvls ago....a total noob x3

Last edited by Laelia on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
July
PvP Leader
July

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 5:06 pm

I didn't bothered with the tailoring but I got the armorsmithng to a descent level. My full proced set was better than 2-3 levels higher drops. Plus my proced polearm that I made at 16 was the best to use untill lvl 20:) I doubt that the tailoring will be that terrible...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What will you take? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What will you take?   What will you take? Empty

Back to top Go down

What will you take?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vaatyrium :: Elyos Handbook :: Crafts -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com